Tuesday May 11
No Big Walk - too damn cold
HistoryBoy and I went to the car wash place. I was going to put it off again because of the temperature, only 2*, but since it's getting warmer later in the week, I'd like to be out in the garden. We got the van cleaned inside and out but we didn't spend as much time as I usually do because - too damn cold. I told HB we'd come back when it was warmer and could spend more time doing the job. I don't think he was too impressed with that.
Hoping to finally plant the dogwood I bought a couple of weeks ago tomorrow. I have to start digging up the lily of the valley. It seemed like a good idea at the time to plant it in a shady part of the front garden but now it's become very aggressive and moving into a not shady part of the garden. Apparently, according to a gardening facebook page I belong to, it will take years, if ever, to eradicate so that's nice. I've also got creeping bellwood to dig up. It also is very aggressive; at least I'm not to blame for that one - it was already there when we got here. The problem with trying to dig these things up is that there are other plants in the way and I don't fancy digging everything up. I'm not sure if the annuals are available yet at the garden centres. I'll wait to the risk of frost is gone before I purchase any. I could buy them and not plant them but bring them in at night, I suppose. Mmm.
Until tomorrow. Stay sane.
No comments:
Post a Comment