Friday, May 7, 2021

Stay at Home Chapter 3 - Day 29

 Friday May 7

I had some errands to run today.  A chiropractic appointment  and the library to return a couple of books.  They are across the road from each other and I park in the library parking lot so it makes sense to do both at once. I had no books on hold however which was disappointing.

I then had to go to Sobeys to get something for supper; it was pizza night but of course the pizza ended up costing me $40 because I got a load of other stuff.  Number 1 rule of grocery shopping?  Don't go when you're hungry. Number 2 rule of grocery shopping? Go with a list. I had to go back into the store after I realized I had  forgotten a pie for Sunday night supper.

I picked ScienceGirl up from the GO station this afternoon.  That killed an hour. I'm getting a bit fed up with it actually - not her coming home every week-end but the drive to go get her. 

Himself stopped at a little farmer's market known for its asparagus on the way home and bought a couple of pounds of, you know, asparagus and a couple of pounds of rhubarb.  Even though less than 24 hours prior we had a discussion about the fact that I didn't need any rhubarb, I didn't want any rhubarb as I was still working through last year's frozen supply. I'm the only one who likes rhubarb in any form - stewed, baked in muffins or cake or pie.  Maybe I'll give some to Luddite Granny.

Until tomorrow.  Stay sane.  


2 comments:

  1. Your rhubarb dilemna sounds familiar. They don't hear you or they just dont understand? You're all rhubarbed up for a long time to come. Good compost?

    ReplyDelete