Thursday, May 6, 2021

Stay at Home Chapter 3 - Day 28

 Thursday May 6

HistoryBoy and I were going to get the car washed today but there's rain in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow.  I go to a place where, for 3 extra bucks, you have access to what they call their "backyard".  There are big hoover hoses attached to a machine in the wall, clean rags and some liquid to clean the inside of the car.  There's also a machine you put your mats in and it shakes out all the pebbles and dirt.  Best 3 bucks spent ever.  It  means I don't have to lug out Himself's big noisy shop vac that always seems to tip over.  Maybe we'll get there next week.

HB is looking for a summer job.  I feel bad for him because I suspect he won't get one.  The jobs he would get aren't available this summer.  He keeps looking though which is a learning experience in itself.

There's an older gent who lives down the street from us; I don't know his name but I always say hello when I pass by.  He often sees me coming back from Hortons with a coffee and he jokes about me buying him one.  I joked back that one day I would come with a coffee. Today he was out when HB and I walked to Tim's to hand in a job application a position they were advertising.  Old Gent (I call him Gent because he's English) said I'd better come back with three coffees (one for his missus). So today was the day I bought him and his wife a coffee.  When I handed it to him, he said they didn't drink coffee, well they did drink coffee just not Horton's and that he was only joking about me buying him a coffee.  I said, Yes I know you were joking and I've got these as a joke.  He said, I hope someone at home can drink them.  Yes, I said, someone would drink them. And then I left.  Now, if that had been me getting free coffee from a stranger with whom I had a running joke, I would have said, Oh my goodness.  That's very funny and very kind.  Thank you very much. And accepted it graciously.  Now I've got 2 black coffees I have to drink.   

I finally got my sweet pea seeds planted.  They've been soaking in wet paper towels for about a week, sprouting nicely.  I planted the whole packet to climb up an arch I have at the entrance to the backyard.  We'll see what happens; I didn't have much luck with morning glories there last year. 

Until tomorrow. Stay sane.



No comments:

Post a Comment