Tuesday May 4
No Big Walk today - rained on and off all day
HistoryBoy and I went to M & M's this morning. The stuffed chickens we all like were on sale and I wanted to see if there was anything different I could get for supper. I don't like cooking so most of my meals are some meat I can just bang in the oven and 2 veg. I use my slow cooker a lot but you have to think ahead for that. M&M's has started selling these meal kits - all you need, meat, veg is frozen in a bag and you just basically reheat it. I picked up a beef stir fry thing and all I had to do was dump the whole thing in a frying pan for 12 minutes and boom you're done. I made some basmati rice which I've taken a real liking to recently. Dinner done in 20 minutes. It turns out however that Himself and HB didn't like it so that's that.
On the way home from M&M's, we stopped at the empty parking lot of the nearby high school. HB is starting to learn to drive but he had never been in my Big Blue Beast of a van; it certainly drives differently than our car. He has his G2 which means he has to have a licenced driver of 5 years (I think) in the car with him. I made him pull into a parking spot and then back out of it and then drive around a loop in the lot trying to pretend is was a roadway. He didn't do too badly considering but he's still very nervous. Then he had to pass his G1 which is a road test and then within a year of passing that, he can go for his G. I think. ScienceGirl had to do this as well a few years ago when she went for her licence. I still don't really get it; there are all sorts of restrictions at each level. Remember going for yours - the written test called the Beginner's test or colloquially the 365 because you had a year from the day you passed that to pass your road test. Once you had your licence, you were free as a bird - you could drive on the 401 by yourself, drive after midnight. I remember going across the border to Niagara Falls, NY shopping one day with my girlfriends, we'd go to the beach 2 hours away. I was probably only 17 but we thought we were all grown up.
Until tomorrow. Stay sane.
Boy do I remember getting my licence! 3 days after my 16th birthday. Freedom!! Brothers had left home, father had a company car, mother didn't drive. Wooohooo
ReplyDeleteIt was awesome, wasn’t it
ReplyDelete