Saturday, April 10, 2021

Stay of Home Chapter 3 Day 3

Saturday April 10

Not much excitement today. 

 I did all my wash today.  Since Hydro's gone back to its 3 tier system, I have to pay a bit more attention to when I wash.  It was nice during the last year when the rates were cheap all day - I could just throw a load of wash in anytime.

It was about 26* today.  I didn't go out into the garden because Himself was out there raking and putting down some topsoil.  We tend to get in each other's way so I do my garden work during the week.  We bought a yard of topsoil and a yard of mulch this year.  It usually comes in bulk in one  of those big yellow bags but  we found a place that put the same amount into little bags.  I think it was the same price and it should save a lot of work - instead of shovelling the mulch out of the big bag, into the wheelbarrow and then out of wheelbarrow, I can just rip open a bag and tip it out then spread it around.  It took me about 20 years to realise that mulch is my friend and if I don't want to spend the whole season digging out weeds, I should use more mulch.

I'm just off to watch one of the many movies I've got pvr'd.  I know, how old school. And it's probably going to be an old movie too.  Maybe Lifeboat or Mildred Pierce. Such fun!

Until tomorrow.  Stay sane.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment