Friday April 23
I got my first shot of the Astra-Zeneca vaccine this afternoon. It was as chaotic as I expected it to be. They set up the vaccination area at the back of the store where the pharmacy is and this particular Shoppers is a very busy one so there was a line up to check in for your appointment, a line to hand in your prescription, a line to pick up your prescription which was beside the little waiting area of 4 chairs for the vaccine. One guy stood in the vaccine check in line for about 5 minutes but it turned out he wanted to hand in a prescription even after a worker came out from behind the counter to ask if we all had appointments. Another guy waiting his 15 minutes after the vaccine was kind of in the way of the prescription picker uppers. They all thought he was in the line. One lady sat in the waiting area for about 15 minutes before she realized she had to check in first. Honestly, I don't know how some people get through their day. But now it's done and who knows when I'll get the second shot because they're running out of this vaccine too.
I nipped down to the library this morning to pick up the 5 books I had put on hold. It's not open but they hand your books out to you in a nice purple bag.
Himself was working from home today. He booked the day off in case he had some kind of reaction to his shot. He didn't. But surprisingly, he didn't get on my nerves too much.
That's all for today.
Until tomorrow. Stay sane.
No comments:
Post a Comment