Thursday April 22
Not much going on today.
I couldn't face my Big Walk this morning with temperatures at -11 wind chill. It was more tolerable early this evening, still windy but not as bad. And tomorrow up to 17.
I got a call from the doctor's office this morning telling me that she got the results of my bloodwork and would like to talk to me on the phone. This was new. For the past year, I was given the option of coming into the office or having a phone call. I always went into the office because the risk was low - there were never any other patients in the waiting room, the doctor was always ppe'd up and I wore a mask. And she took my blood pressure and weighed me. But no choice today. I wonder if something happened. Or maybe because of the stay at home order.
The fucking filing is finally finished (Ooo, nice alliteration) and put away in the filing cabinet. I just have to find someplace to take the big blue IKEA bag of stuff to be shredded.
Himself went for his Astra-Zeneca vaccine today at the Shoppers. Two people in front of him decided at the last minute they weren't getting the shot (nice) and he joking told the nurse/person taking his info that he should have brought his wife and she could have got one of those shots. Not a problem, said the nurse/person, she can come tomorrow. I was on the reservation list and had my confirmation number- I was just waiting to hear when I could go. So I'm not sure if I jumped the queue but I'm set to get my first shot Friday afternoon.
Until tomorrow. Stay sane.
We really mean stay sane when we say it now. Not so easy with all the crap going on in our lives.
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo for the vaccine.
Hope docs news is good news