Tuesday April 6
At the gym, I normally walk 3km on the treadmill which is about 1/2 hour and do some weights. Not bench presses or anything like that, my goodness. No, just little dumb bells for my triceps and biceps. But with the gym closed, I realized I had to keep up the routine or I'd have to start over when it re-opens. So I set off this morning on a walk that I had not measured but it took me 33 minutes and, according to my phone which is not entirely accurate, it was 2.7km. I'll have to clock it properly with the van tomorrow when I'm out and about. I did not take the MWD because she would slow me down, stopping to pee every 5 feet and sniff at everything. It was only about 6* when I started but 15 minutes in, I was sweltering so I'll have to reassess my clothing options. When I got home, I did some weights with the dumb bells we have here which is a 5lb and a 2lb. I had to hold both at once because at the gym I'm able to lift 8lbs for triceps and 12lbs for biceps. It's not ideal but it'll have to do for now.
After supper, it was such a nice sunny evening that I took the MWD for our regular neighbourhood walk. Everybody and his dog was out for walkies tonight. I had to keep going out onto the road to keep my social distance from people.
I wanted to do some filing of bills etc today as well but that didn't happen. I started this task about 2 weeks ago and had totally taken over the dining room table. I hadn't done any sorting of bills in about 5 years (I'm not kidding) so it's taken me awhile. As it's such an overwhelming job, I can only do about an hour at a time. I tidied the table for Easter lunch by putting what papers were left into a box. The nice tablecloth and the basket of eggs were still on it and I wasn't ready to pack all of them away yet. Maybe tomorrow.
I have to find someplace to take the big blue IKEA bag full of stuff that should be shredded to be shredded. It's astounding the stuff I thought I would need - 10 year old hydro bills, packing slips from things that I don't even have anymore, warranties that have long run out. It's a bit of a nightmare which is why I can only do an hour at a time. But I can see the light at the end of the filing cabinet now so I just want to get it done.
Until tomorrow.
Stay sane.
No comments:
Post a Comment