Monday, January 4, 2021
A mild day, about 0 and overcast (see what I did there?)
Did some grocery shopping today. Ugh. The store was packed again and I'm not sure why. No line ups to get in but a long line to pay.
HistoryBoy back at school, well, Zoom School. So I don't see him during the day. There was a problem with one of the computer codes for one of his classes this morning but we got it sorted before the class started with 10 minutes to spare. He gets a first period spare this semester but it kind of sucks for him because he still needs to leave with Himself at 7:30 since his school is in another city. He took advantage of it this morning though and rolled out of bed at 9:30, foraged for food and went back to his room. I did notice he was still in his jammies for his class at 10 so I'll have to put a stop to that.
No word from ScienceGirl at time of writing which is just gone 7 so fingers crossed.
I took down some decorations today. I try to leave them up until January 6th which is Epiphany and Orthodox Christmas but most years they start to get on my nerves around the 2nd. This year they haven't - I think it's the little bit of extra light and sparkle that is cheering. If I take a few down each day, it won't seem so gloomy. I heard somewhere that we're being encouraged to leave our outside lights on until the end of January. We'll probably do that - it will cancel out the people that put them up at the beginning of November.
Back tomorrow.
Stay sane.
No comments:
Post a Comment