Tuesday, January 5, 2021

The Twelfth Day of Christmas

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Mild today, about 0 and overcast.

Spoke too soon yesterday about SG.  She called about 8 last night.  The iPad rang about quarter past 1 this afternoon as well.  She was still in bed and still in her jammies. Around here, the only way you're still in bed and in your jammies at 1 pm is if you're sick.  So she was given a stern talking to at which point she burst into tears.  She did get dressed and go out for a walk later in the afternoon.  I know this because I called her a few minutes ago.  Dear Lord, let this end soon.

I took some decorations down today but my heart wasn't really in it.  I looked at the boxes trying to decide which stuff I was going to put away first but I thought I didn't want to put any of it away yet.  I'm not ready to dismantle my little villages which go in their own boxes; I'm not ready to take down the artificial tree whose decorations have their own box; I'm ready to take down the garland and lights on the bannister which all live together in the same box.  I did wash all the Christmassy towels and placemats though.  This is new for me - usually I'm itching to take it down about the 2nd but this year, not so much.  I'm not the only one.  When we were on our walk tonight, there were still a few trees up inside.  Maybe if I do a little bit each day, it won't seem to sad.

This is the end of the Christmas season.  I don't know if I'll be back tomorrow. Depends what's going on.

Stay sane anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment