Saturday, January 2, 2021

The Eighth and Ninth Day of Christmas

 January 1

Gloomy yet again.  I think the sun has fucked off somewhere else. It was freezing rain later in the evening so that was nice.

I made a lemon meringue pie for dessert.  I bought the crust 'cuz I was feeling lazy but I was not impressed with it.  I don't know if Tenderflake changed their recipe but this crust was not the same as it used to be.  I will try remember this the next time I can't be bothered with homemade crust.  I do make the pie filling from scratch though even though it takes 5hours  about 1/2 an hour.  I started doing this a few years ago when Himself's uncle was dying and he went to visit him.  The man's favourite pie was lemon meringue but no one would ever make it for him.  I decided a dying man should have some of his favourite pie (although he was probably past eating at this point) but I didn't have one of those Shiriff mixes so I had to pull out the recipe books.  Turns out, it tastes better than the mix.  

I replaced my calendars, filling in my loved ones' birthdays and our summer holidays.  But that was all I could fill in because there are no appointments to go to right now because, you know, lock-down but maybe for February.

 Normally, we would have gone out for a nice dinner but not this year because, well you know.  We ordered in Chinese because I refused to cook another big meal and Luddite Granny hasn't had Chinese for years so everyone was happy. And there were enough left-overs to keep LG in suppers for a few days.


January 2

No sun again.

Not much on the agenda for today.  I'm doing yet more wash.  Isn't there some Greek or Roman myth about someone who has to push a rock up a hill and as soon as he does it rolls right back down?  Somedays, I feel like that guy.

Another board game for tonight.  This time it'll be Ticket to Ride". The excitement never ends here chez Trout.


Back tomorrow.

Stay sane




No comments:

Post a Comment