December 31
Another dreary, gloomy day.
I caught up on the wash before the New Year. I don't know how I managed to accumulate three big loads of towels but there you go.
Tonight will be the subdued evening it usually is. We only make an effort on NYE because it's a slippery slope - one day, you're not doing anything on New Year's Eve, the next you're going to Tim's in your pyjamas. Slippery slope.
It'll just be the four of us; Luddite Granny hasn't come over of a couple of years now. We'll play Wii bowling which for reason seems to be a must do with everyone. Then we move on to the board games. I've had Settlers of Catan signed out from the library since the beginning of December but we haven't played it yet. Santa brought Ticket to Ride Europe and the expansion set which has been played once over the festive season. We'll see which one gets the honour of the evening.
I put out too much food - cheese and crackers, brushetta (sp?) a shrimp ring for HistoryBoy (previously known as LegoBoy) and some of that nice Ace bread. Christmas Eve it all got eaten before I got there so this time I've actually had to dibs a piece.
Thanks to modern technology, we're able to ring in the New Year with the Newfoundlanders at 10:30 because we never make it to midnight. We started doing that the year Grandpa with Jesus was sick - he wanted to come over for the festivities but knew he couldn't stay out to midnight so we improvised. Turns out we all liked it better than propping our eyes open til 12. I wonder what the celebrations will be like in Times Square this year?
Best Wishes for a Better 2021
Stay Sane
No comments:
Post a Comment