Easter Sunday was a bit...disconcerting.
We couldn't go to church of course so watched it on tv. They re-ran last year's service so there was a choir and a congregation not just the lone minister standing at the front like current versions of you tube church.
We normally go a dear friend's for lunch after church. We've been doing it for as long as I can remember, at least 50 years. It's a cold lunch with cooked turkey and roast beef and everybody brings a different salad; my contribution is that salad with the marshmallows in it. There's pasta salad, potato salad, cabbage salad, quinoa salad and some kind of jellied salad. There's cake and pie and goodness knows what else for dessert. We only see these people once a year so it's a time to catch up on everybody's news and what their kids are up to. I really look forward to it.
I tried to replicate it yesterday. I cooked a turkey earlier in the week. I made the marshmallow salad, pasta salad and cabbage salad. I had asked Luddite Granny to make the potato salad but she didn't end up coming because we would have been a group of more than five so we didn't get the potato salad. I made Dutch apple pie and cupcakes for dessert.
It was very strange.
My mistake was trying to keep things the same, familiar. I should have had an entirely different menu like salmon or at least a hot dinner because things are not the same nor familiar at the moment.
I'm trying to adjust but it's all a bit...disconcerting.
Keep sane. Talk to you later.
15 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment