Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The Vinyl Cafe has Closed

Stuart McLean passed away this afternoon.  It's a sad loss for those of us who enjoy a well-told story by a fellow who could indeed spin a yarn. 

The Vinyl Café came on at noon on Sunday, just as we were coming home from church.  I don't know how many times I would sit in the driveway listening to the end of the story. Stuart and his stories were so compelling even my kids, usually engrossed in some device, would put it down and listen to the latest antics of Dave and Morley.

There are so many stories from the Vinyl Café that I enjoyed  - Dave Cooks a Turkey, the one where they're driving down east but get stranded in Quebec, Dave on the Roof, but my favourite has to be "Toilet Training the Cat"



Stuart McLean will be missed.










3 comments:

  1. That is so sad. I loved listening to The Vinyl Cafe. I had no idea he passed away. Was it unexpected? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. felt sorry for this loss.
    may he rest in peace ,amen.
    he will stay alive through his works though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so going to miss his show he was one of a kind. Hug B

    ReplyDelete