Friday, March 10, 2017

Questions I Have Asked Myself Recently?

Why can no one put their shit away?


This is a bench which sits in the front hall.  The Trouts take off their coats and toss them on this bench.  Every. Day.  It's not as if they have to run to the toilet or run to answer the phone which we don't do anyway because we have a machine.  No. Every day they throw their coats onto this bench.  Directly to the left of this bench, less than 1 metre away, maybe 2 steps is the hall closet.  There are enough hangers for everybody's coat, there's enough room on the rod for everybody's coat. Lego Boy has his own little rack with wooden pegs so he doesn't even have to dick around with a hanger but still, they do not put their shit away. 


How did make-up get so complicated? 

Have you heard of this contouring trend? I was wandering down the make-up aisle of the Shoppers the other day and sawaa package that had instructions on how to use the stuff, including a little diagram  of where to apply the 2 different creams to your face. Geez louise, I'm lucky if I get my eyebrows drawn on straight and I don't blink when I'm putting on my mascara.  I'd use this stuff and end up looking like I'd just stepped off the stage of a high school drama production with an over-enthusiastic make-up person.  This look likes way too much work and  there are so many chances for it to go horribly wrong so I'll take a pass on this.


Do these boots go with this dress?


No.  This is a nice summery dress with little straps that you'd wear, you know, in the summer.  It needs sandals or little canvas runners not these big clumpy boots.  But I don't get the whole boot thing anyway.


 Why does the Mad Wee Dog go mental over next door's central vac?



See that little white square on the wall?  That's the vent for Next Door's central vac.  Every time Mrs. Next Door turns on her vacuum cleaner, the MWD will jump up from wherever she is sleeping, fly down the stairs to the back door and start barking and yelping, spinning around and around and scratching at the door to get out to bark at the little white square.  Every. Time.  When she first started to do this,  we tried to ignore her and not let her out.  Eventually, we realized it got on our nerves less if we let her out to be Fierce at the white square.  What I couldn't capture with a photo because she's fast is how she jumps up on the fence, spins around  a couple of times, sniffs at the air blowing out of the vent. After a couple of barks, she trots off to the backyard to pee and snuff about for a few minutes and then trots back to the door to be let in.  It must be the noise that attracts her attention but once she goes out to see there's nothing to protect us from, she Stands Down and goes back to sleep. Fortunately, Mrs. Next Door hates housework and doesn't vacuum very often.       









3 comments:

  1. Very funny post! I'm glad nobody is keeping track of my vacuuming habits! I hear you about the makeup. I'm still just trying to get the eyeliner on my left eye to match the eyeliner on my right eye. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so funny and very well written. I can relate to the coats. I love MWD, he is cute. And makeup, my foundation is almost finished and I'm not looking forward to choosing another, there is so much out there now!

    ReplyDelete