In the meantime, I shall retreat to the garden.
The cornflowers were nice this year but they're finished now. I might get a second bloom; I'm fairly diligent with the dead-heading but I'll see.
This is one of my Perennial Geranium or Cranesbill. I don't know the variety but it blooms for ages.
The tail end of my Columbine; again I don't know the variety but this particular plant also has a blue and white flower on it which blooms first. I want to get a few more of these plants. This one I moved from underneath a pushy Cranesbill to front and centre of garden. I always think of the Columbines as the Princesses of the Garden.
More Cranesbill but a different variety obviously. The pushy one. This one I do have to dead-head and usually get a second bloom. I have 3 or 4 of these but they really are starting to take over. I will have to get ruthless in the fall.
The Foxglove, always lovely and fairly reliable. I've ordered more of these for fall planting.
This is a variety of Coral Bells with a pale yellow flower. It doesn't look as though it's going to bloom this year. Oh well, at least it came up at all. I had a couple of perennials just disappear; a Purple Coneflower which I thought was pretty much indestructible and a really lovely Bell Flower. I don't know what happened to those two, if it was the horrible winter that killed them off or what but I'll replace them because they were a nice addition.
And finally, my little Sweet William which struggles to grow in the shadow of a monster Hosta, bless its little heart.
It seems I need to remember the varietal names of my plants since I no idea what I've got growing. I have some bare spots to fill in so I'll head out to the Garden Centre this week to see what's left. Probably slim pickings at this point but we'll see.
Maybe Science Girl will come with me now that she's finished her exams.
Snort, that's funny Hen.
Yeh - very funny. The mere mention of the 'garden centre' phrase provoke snorts and groans from OB. Lovely to see so many of my favourite plants on the other side of the pond. Columbines and Cranesbills especially. That little one looks like our Geranium Phaeum but what do I know.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete