Well that's summer over for another year. I can't say I'm sorry to see it go. Last year I didn't want it to end but this year? Yeah, don't let the door hit you on your way out.
The weather was consistently inconsistent; the week, our one and only week of holidays kinda blew because the temperature was cold (18, 19 degrees) for the first week of August. I didn't get to do the things I normally do on my holidays, like swim in the Lake of Bays because I'm a bit of a princess and I like the ice to be off the lake before I stick my half-naked self into it. One day, the heat in our cabin came on AND we had lit a fire. As I was plowing through my third book of the week, because if I can't go swimming, then I'm reading, I thought I could have been at home doing the same thing and not freezing my arse off. I'm still bitter about that.
I spent 2 Saturdays at 2 different soccer tournaments. That's 25%, 1/4 of my weekends shot to hell. I don't even like soccer and I have to sit beside arseholes.
To top it all off, Gimpy Dog died. Not unexpectedly mind you but still...
So, yeah, I'll be glad to see the back of this summer.
15 hours ago
Sorry it's been so rubbish! Mine hasn't been too bad since the weather here in the UK has actually been okay for once. It's usually SO shit. I feel for you from over the pond.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your dog, that's so sad x hope things perk up soon X
ReplyDelete