Saturday, August 31, 2013

13 Things I Won't Have to do Anymore

I won't have to:

1. pick up poo in the backyard. Or anywhere else.

2. check the dog's water dish every time I walk past it.

3. feel guilty when I go on a walk and don't take the dog but she thinks she's  going and looks at me with her little ears pricked up in anticipation.

4.   use a code word for "walk" so the dog doesn't get all excited.

5.  pick the dog hair out of my food.

6.  share my bedtime Digestive.

7.  go to the best off-leash dog park ever (Conroy Pit in Ottawa)

8.  have a quivering lump of Lab sitting on my lap during a thunderstorm or fireworks.

9. turn the radio on when I leave the house so the dog doesn't hear the noises outside and bark at the window until I get back.

10. administer an assortment of medications and supplements.

11. keep the bed cleared off so the dog has a place to sleep.

12. save some porridge for the dog.  Because she'll dance around and whine until she gets some.

13. dry off mucky paws. And wipe out gunky eyes or clean out gungy ears.

And I'll miss doing every single one of them.

So long, my beautiful girl.

3 comments:

  1. Blessings.
    I am sending my sincerest condolences. I too am owned by an elderly pet. It's not easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had dogs all my life, and it is never something I have gotten easily over when losing one. I think maybe after my Aussies that might be it for me. Our Bandit is always a comfort with my Crabby Cabbie gone most nights.

    ReplyDelete