Tuesday May18Big Walk today. I was appropriately dressed this time but I didn't bring any water which I certainly needed. Note to self - bring water next time.
I got my planters done. Two geraniums, one licorice plant and four lobelia in each one. I used the dirt that Himself order for the grass and he assured me that it would work for my containers. It isn't a container mix but is still a good quality dirt. After I watered the three containers that sit on the front steps, there was water everywhere - all along the one step, running down the patio stones in front of the porch. It took me a few minutes to figure out that this dirt was not actually that good for containers since it doesn't hold the water. Well, it'll have to do because I'm not redoing the pots.
I went to fill up my watering can and didn't the hose reel fall right the fuck off the wall. Of course, it was spraying water all over the place. Apparently, that's the third time it's happened so we'll need to get a new one. For now, Himself has taken one hose off the reel (there were two 50' hoses) and looped it around the part of the contraption that the reel hooks into.
I dragooned HistoryBoy into doing some weeding while I was doing my containers. I chose a patch that was all weeds so there was no risk of him pulling up any of my flowers and he wouldn't be asking me every two seconds, is this a weed, is this a weed. There was one particular plant that he questioned whether or not it was a weed because it looked like it could have been put there (it wasn't) and I told him that I don't know what it is, and I don't want it there, so it's a weed. We then had a philosophical discussion about why some plants are considered weeds and others not and who decides what a weed is. Jesus.
Until tomorrow. Stay sane.
No comments:
Post a Comment