Saturday, May 1, 2021

Stay at Home Chapter 3 - Day 24

 Saturday May 1

It certainly doesn't feel like the first of May.  It's still very cold here for the time of year.  I cut that daffodil that had been blown over; then I had to cut some more flowers because one daffy in a vase would look very sad and lonely. 

It was Games Night here again but it wasn't really all that enjoyable this time.  We played The Great Game of Britain which is ancient.  If you're not familiar with it, everyone is dealt six places of interest cards and must travel around Britain on various modes of transportation to visit their places of interest and get back to London before anyone else.  Every time you change to a different mode of transportation, like train to ferry, you have to take a Hazard card and follow the instructions.  This could mean bad news for other players, like sending them out of their way.  There are also little tokens you use to close train stations, the idea being that you block other players from moving.  It got a bit tense as some of us were being deliberately mean with the closing of stations.  Now, I know that's the strategy, to keep the other players stuck somewhere, but there was a sense of meaness tonight about the game tonight. Maybe Games Night will have to be put on pause for awhile. I've thought of a Movie Night but I can't see the four of us agreeing to anything. 

Until tomorrow. Stay sane.



No comments:

Post a Comment