Friday April 30
I didn't do my usual trip to the library this morning. I only had one book to return and nothing on hold so it didn't seem worth the while. I finished the new Ann Cleeves Vera book, The Darkest Evening but since there are about 38 holds on it, I thought I'd let Luddite Granny read it before it's due on May 21. Twice I started Death at the Durbar by Arjun Raj Gaind but I just couldn't get into it. Usually I'll read 10% of a book before deciding yay or nay but with this one - I don't know what it was about it I didn't like. I read about 20 pages twice and packed it in.
It was a seriously windy day today and only about 7*. Some of my daffodils have been blown over; I'll cut them and bring them inside. Quite unseasonable and annoying. At least the sun was shining.
Two years ago today, we left New York. It rained all the way home. There was no stopping for sight-seeing. We had lunch at some sketchy service station which happened to have a Subway and a Tim's and a snotty girl who corrected me when I called it cheddar cheese and not American cheese. I should have just called it shitty slices of something not even remotely resembling cheese. I just love surly help.
I'm always so relieved to get to the border. And I miss the French on everything too. This time we crossed at Niagara Falls, the Rainbow Bridge. It has the shittiest duty-free shop in the system, I'm sure. I was looking for something nice to take to Luddite Granny because she had been looking after the MWD. They had none of her Harvey's Bristol Cream so all she got was some chocolate.
Would I go back? Maybe, but there are other places I'd rather see first. I'd research more thoroughly what I wanted to see and plan it out a lot better. And I would schedule more that one day.
Until tomorrow. Stay sane.
No comments:
Post a Comment