Monday April 12
I did the groceries this morning. I needed a lot since I didn't do them last week, Easter Monday. There was no line up to get in and the store wasn't any busier that usual, so I was able to whip around at my normal break neck speed. The Zehrs has a fairly large section of the store that sells clothes, housewares, bedding. They had this part of the store closed off with big sheets of plastic today in keeping with the no buying of non-essential items rule. They did not do this the last time we weren't supposed to buy non-essential items. I wonder if they got fined.
I met Himself and HistoryBoy at the garage so I could drop off my van. We'll go back tomorrow to pick it up. I won't have a vehicle on Tuesday but where am I going to go anyways? There's a big empty lot on the way to the garage where a disused factory had stood. The homeless had been living in it and there were issues with fires. The city took the building down in the fall and now I notice that the homeless have moved back into the space only now with tents and other structures.
This is my neighbour across the road's forsythia. It always looks lovely. For about 5 minutes. I had one that came with the house, planted right in the corner of the house and stairs of the porch which was totally the wrong spot for it.
These bushes need lots of room as their branches grow up and then kind of flop over. I was always fighting with the thing, a losing battle of course. One year, I was letting the front of the bush grow the way it was meant to and just pruning the top. Himself called me out one afternoon to see what he had done, pleased as punch. Yup, he had cut back all the branches that had taken me months to get halfway decent looking. I was almost in tears. I ended up digging out that bush at the end of the season and replacing it with a Rose of Sharon which is much more suited to the spot.
It's supposed to rain all this week so I will literally be house-bound.
Until tomorrow. Stay sane.
No comments:
Post a Comment