Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Stay at Home Chapter 3 - Day 20

 Tuesday April 27

The Big Walk was nice today.  Again, I was little over-dressed with a long sleeved t-shirt and a windbreaker and jeans.  I would not have been uncomfortable in shorts and a regular T-shirt. No geese babies yet at the pond.  

I took the MWD out for a quick walk after supper before the rain started.  I was about 5 minutes from home when big drops started falling but I didn't need to put up my umbrella.

If you've been following along, you'll remember that two years ago we were in New York. On this day, we had a nice day out with The Doctor and her Horrible Children.  The weather was glorious - we were all in shorts.  She took us on a nice walk through her neighbourhood and to a forest with a pond and a waterfall.  It was maintained with mulched paths and benches - I think it was like a conservation area.

I was amused to see a Canada Goose is the pond. But the smart alecks in the crowd reminded me that the geese don't recognize international borders.  Dicks.



The Doctor took us to her local for lunch which would have nice but for her Horrible Children who couldn't seem behave.  It was such a nice day that ice cream was in order.  The three of us walked to the ice cream stand but the others drove because the little children wouldn't have made it back to the car.  We got back to her house and sat out in the back-yard.  They have an inground pool which isn't heated and had just been uncovered.  The little Horrible Boy insisted on going in the pool which, of course, lasted one jump in.  It was BBQ'd steak for supper and an evening chatting and trying to figure out the plans for the Big Day Out the next day.  

We were venturing into New York City for the day!!  

Until tomorrow. Stay sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment