I found this:
It's only 2 pieces, so not a lot of sewing up. It has a bit of a pattern (Irish Moss Stitch) so not too boring and but not requiring a lot of concentration. And I even had some yarn in the stash.
But now I hate it.
I make mistakes and I don't care; I just keep going.
I am the 8 inch mark of the back piece. I have to get to the 13 inch mark. 5 more brutal inches.
I am the 8 inch mark of the back piece. I have to get to the 13 inch mark. 5 more brutal inches.
By the time I get it finished it'll be too warm to wear it.
Last night, for the briefest of moments, I felt a surge of anger, nay hatred toward this piece of textile I was making. I know, it sounds irrational to have such violent feelings for an inanimate object, especially a woolly one. And knitting? It's supposed to be enjoyable. But I was no longer enjoying this knitted thing.
So to prevent myself from ripping the whole damn thing out, I took a deep breath and walked away from the knitting. It's going in a time-out for a while, maybe until next fall.
I'm looking for something new to knit.
Maybe a pair of socks.
Last night, for the briefest of moments, I felt a surge of anger, nay hatred toward this piece of textile I was making. I know, it sounds irrational to have such violent feelings for an inanimate object, especially a woolly one. And knitting? It's supposed to be enjoyable. But I was no longer enjoying this knitted thing.
So to prevent myself from ripping the whole damn thing out, I took a deep breath and walked away from the knitting. It's going in a time-out for a while, maybe until next fall.
I'm looking for something new to knit.
Maybe a pair of socks.
I'm wondering if you finished it? it looks lovely!
ReplyDelete