It's a delicate balance here between what the Trouts will eat and what I want to make. Neither Himself nor LegoBoy have much a sweet tooth so a whole lot of fancy cakes and desserts are not really appreciated. Like everyone it seems these days, I'm trying not to have much in the way of processed foods in the house and really, home-made tastes better.
I made 2 apple crisps:
One to eat now
and one for the freezer
They look a bit skimpy only because I used to too small of a dish. The recipe I used called for 6 cups of apples and would make 12 servings. I cut the recipe in half but I could have used more topping.
Up next - apple bran muffins
This was a new recipe for me that called for blackstrap molasses. I don't normally bake with molasses so I wasn't quite sure how they'd taste. And the recipe called for natural wheat bran which I didn't have so I substituted All-Bran cereal. The batter was very runny and I was very skeptical if they'd turn out.
They turned out okay but their bottoms were a little brown black but I'm going to be the only one eating them (probably too branny for the Trouts) so it doesn't matter.
I don't think I'll make them again. I have other recipes I like better.
Love the look of all your cooking. Homemade wins hands down every time for me x
ReplyDeleteApple Crisp was always my favourite at home growing up. Mom made it a couple of times a week. Yummy.
ReplyDelete