Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Brass Monkeys are Getting a Little Worried

 
This was the temperature this morning at about 9:




I forgot to open the screen for the picture but you can almost make out that it reads -22*C. 

What you can't see is the wind chill:  -35*C.

Apparently, skin freezes at -40*C.  Because of this risk of exposure, the schools have been closed today.  So The Trouts have their first Snow Day of the winter. 

We all were expecting a Snow Day yesterday when there was 20cm of snow and the roads hadn't been plowed and the trucks were getting stuck on the hills.

So here we are: a beautiful sunny day, loads of fresh, new snow and it's too damn cold to get out and enjoy it.








 

1 comment:

  1. You poor things. I think it will come our way over the Atalantic soon....better stock up the freezer, or just put all the food outside I guess.

    ReplyDelete