February is finally finished. For being the shortest month, it always seems to drag on and on and on. Nothing really exciting happened but let's do a month in review.
We took our usual trip to Niagara Falls but I didn't take any pictures because there's only so many pictures of the icy Falls you can take. It was a nice little break as usual. You'd think, though, restaurant owners would lower their prices during the winter when they're struggling to put bums in the seats. In some places, the 4 of us were the only diners which was a bit awkward at times. Good service but under watch.
We had a big, stupid snow storm but the less said about that the better.
On Family Day week-end, Luddite Granny and I had to make an unscheduled trip to the Nation's Capital to attend a funeral. Fortunately the weather was clear for the 7 hour drive and LG didn't get on my nerves as much I thought she would. We hemmed and hawed about going, mainly because of the distance, but I knew from when Grampa with Jesus died 5 years ago, that our presence would be appreciated. And in the end, I was glad we went.
We've had quite a few visitors to the bird feeder. I have no photos because I have to take them from the kitchen window and my camera is shite so the birds just look like blobs of brown with little stick legs. I have a pair of downy-headed woodpeckers who regularly come to eat the suet along with a lone nuthatch. I've seen a cardinal and his missus a couple but they're not regular diners. There's a whack of juncos who show up everyday along with the standard sparrows. The chickadees and the blue jays have been scarce this winter for some reason.
I finished knitting a pair of socks. I'll probably donate them to the church's bazaar because I didn't make them big enough for me and Pig-head Girl would rather poke her eyes out with a spoon rather than wear anything I knit. I finally started an Aran pull-over for Himself that I've had kicking around for about a year. I kept putting it off because I know what's involved in such a project. Knitting an article of clothing for a grown-up is a huge time-suck to start with. Add to that a complex, intricate pattern that I can't seem to memorize and you're talking a big committment. It's going to take me ages - he might have it for next winter.
That pretty much sums up February. Not very exciting, was it? It's still bitterly cold and still no warmth in the sun yet and there's still too much snow but, according to Lego-Boy, there are only 21 days until spring. And that is good news.
15 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment