Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Can I Have a Do-Over?

So that's it then. 

Summer is now over, the Trouts are back at school.  Yes, I know it's still summer until the Autumnal Equinox blah, blah, but you and I both know that it's done.  No more lie-ins (or should that be lies-in?), haphazard feeding schedules, lounging about the back-yard or more of a guideline rather than a rule bedtimes. 

It was a busy summer, frantic at times, but I'd like more time.

There was Canada Day in the Nation's Capital which was kind of mental and not really worth doing again.  One of those been there, done that things that I'd be in no hurry to repeat but Girl wanted to go for her 16th birthday so off we went. Luckily, we have family there so accommodations weren't a problem.  But the crowds were.  This was the crowd behind me,


and this was the crowd in front of me.  Yeah, not for the claustrophobic, which I am a little bit.



There was a little bit of this, not too much because there's only so much I can stand.

We had visitors from Northern Ireland so we did a few things that you only do when you have tourists to show around.  They were only with us for a week so it was go, go, go. 

There was a visit here:
and here:


and here - a little, not over the top waterpark near by

 
 
Then we had a weeks holiday at the most beautiful place in Ontario.  This was my view for a week:
 
I know.  But we were there the week the weather, after 8 weeks of 35 degrees and no rain, turned cold and wet, so after two days of rain, being cooped up in our cottage and with a strong possibility of homicide or at least grievous bodily harm occurring, we went here:
 



 

The Algonquin Park Visitors Centre.  I found it quite informative, the Trouts less so.  Everyone else who was enduring shite weather had the same idea so it was a little crowded but at least we weren`t so inclined to rip each others throats out in public. 

And finally, a visit here:

A little fair in the next town which is always held on Labour Day week-end.  I like it because it has a strong agricultural focus; people show their chickens and cows and their bushels of barley or soy beans.  It's a nice way to end the summer.

But I'm not finished yet.  I want more time to just, I don't know, just be.  Not getting up at a certain time, not rushing for the bus, not having supper at a precise time because people have to do homework or practise the piano or go out to some activity.  It all gets rush, rush, rush, be here, do this. 

And I'm not ready for that.  So can I? Can I have a do-over?






 


No comments:

Post a Comment