Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dog as Barometer

Some people's arthritic knees act up,  others get horrible migraines, Dog gets all panty and shaky and paces around like a caged cat or tries to sit on your head (she's a 70 lb. Lab) when a storm is approaching.  I swear, she's like some kind of storm diviner.  She can sense a thunderstorm 8 hours away.

This isn't so bad during the day when I'm going about my own business and she goes about her nervous tendencies but at night, like 2 am, it can be a bit of a problem.

Last night, she was right up at our heads on the bed which is unusual;  she sleeps at the bottom of the bed.  Pant, pant, pant, pant.  Shake, shake, shake.  She was shaking  the whole bed and proceeded to wake us both up.  Then she hopped down and paced into Boy's room and crashed about in there for a minute, then came back up on the bed to shake it some more. Then down and into Boy's room again.  Pace, pace, pace, pant, pant, pant, shake, shake, shake.  This went on for an hour.  Finally, she stopped pacing and panting and just shook. 


I fully expected a monster storm with all kinds of thunder and lightning and torrential downpours to blow in by early morning.  No. Nothing. Not a single cloud in the sky. So now I'm worried that there's something wrong with Dog because her weather prediction was so off and I'll wake up one morning to find her dead of a heart attack. 

1 comment:

  1. Somwetimes they just have a wierd moment. Take her for a check up to put your mind at rest.I am sure she'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete