Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bah, Humbug

1) There is no snow here.  Normally, I hate snow, ice, all things winter but it seems the lack of the white shit is having a serious affect on my ho, ho, ho spirit.  I just can't seem to muster up any joy or pleasure in the Christmas preparations.  They're getting done, of course, but I'm not happy about it.

2)  I'd like to know how and when Christmas became Mummy's job. If I didn't do it, it wouldn't get done.  The tree had to be finished off last night so Boy and I set off to do that.  I asked Himself to help us.  "I don't feel like decorating the tree," he says.  Ya, I don't feel like decorating the fucking tree either but someone has to do it. 

3)  The one thing I asked for, I'm not getting.  Really?  I don't ask for much.    I'm happy with a gift certificate from my independent book seller.  Most of my gifts are the same every year; a calendar for the kitchen, some Quality Street that I don't have to share.  So I'm pretty easy to buy for.  But this year, I asked for a GPS system for my car.  I had been telling Himself every week since Halloween that they were on sale at Canadian Tire.  He tells me last night that he's reached his dollar limit with me and I won't be getting the GPS.  Now if it were me, I would have bought the expensive thing first and just got 1 or 2 more little things, ESPECIALLY SINCE IT WAS THE ONLY THING I SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR.

Bah, humbug.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment