Girl has finished her elementary school career and will attend secondary school in September. I don't know how it happened; it seems like only last month I was putting her on the big yellow bus that she could barely climb onto that took her off to Kindergarten. She is very excited and eager to make this transition. Me, not so much.
I haven't quite figured out why I'm so apprehensive about it. Is it because it's a change and I don't do well with change? Maybe. Is it because I'm going to have to start relinquishing more control of her life and then watch the fall-out when she makes
Maybe I just have to take a deep breath and trust that we've done a half-arsed job getting her this far and if she doesn't end up in jail or rehab, then things haven't turned out badly.
Boy is done with school. Grade 1 has been a challenge for him and has not been a pleasant experience. He just wants it all to be over. But he hasn't realized that's it's really just beginning. Next year, he is moving into English and hopefully he'll have better success and a better outlook on school. Hopefully, I won't have to hear "I don't wanna go to school" every. single. day.
So, in about 1 hour they will both be home for 8
So yay. School's out for summer.
Oh my word, good luck. We still have another month before that glorious day... by which time you might be ready for a three month vacation without children somewhere far far away. Hope it goes better than you think... Nice to visit you... Am here from Tattie Weasle.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeleteYou've got plenty of wine in, right?
ReplyDeleteyes, I'm well stocked up. Thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDelete