Monday, April 5, 2010

Things That Get on My Nerves - vol. IV

1. Extra Long week-ends
Who doesn't like long week-ends?  Me. The Trouts are bored, they want to go back to school although won't admit it.  So that means some kind of entertainment on my part.   I took Boy to see the dragon movie.  Don't ask me how it ends because we missed the last 10 minutes because Boy had to go pee.  Again. He doesn't get a drink the next time we go to the show.  Is that mean?  Whatever.  Girl went to see something else with her friends.  Don't ask me what it was about because she scurried up to her room and shut the door. 

It also means I get out of my routine.  The stuff I normally do on Monday didn't get done because I was busy entertaining the trouts (see above). It's time for them to go back to school.

2. Barfing Dogs
I came home from the movie somewhat annoyed because I had missed the last 10 minutes and what do I find?  A lovely pile of dog barf.  I don't know what the hell she's eaten maybe all the jelly beans and gummy rabbit heads she's been given since yesterday but whatever it was, it didn't agree with her. Bloody dog.

3. Ungrateful Children
I think my two could win a prize for being ungrateful.  The Bunny left Boy 3 presents on the trail yesterday as well as enough candy to put my dentist's kids through university.  After he found the presents, he started to moan that he wanted more toys.  He almost got a punch in the head.  The Girl also got 3 presents only hers were in a gift bag (because teen-agers don't get trails).  A word of thanks? Ha!  She bitched about how she only got chocolate and not jelly beans or gummy rabbit heads. But she just got her braces on and isn't allowed sticky food.  She, too, almost got a punch in the head.

When I was growing up Easter was not a big gift giving extravaganza.  Sure, I got candy and chocolate.  Any presents I received were things I needed - a new spring dress and some underwear.  A friend of ours gave me a new skipping rope every year and I looked forward to it.  Now it seems to have turned into another Christmas and the trouts are inundated with tv ads and, of course, they want everything they see.  It pisses me off.  

4. Itchy eyeballs
Jesus Murphy, something is making my eyes itchy as hell.  I could scratch my them right out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment