Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Things I Didn't Do This Winter

1.  Catch up on my scrapbooking

I've made a scrapbook for Girl that covers her life from birth to age 5.  I have started a book chronicling her life from Kindergarten to Grade 5.  I'm up to about Grade 3.  She's in Grade 8.  I'm a little behind.  I have been collecting stuff, pictures and memorabilia for years but it's sitting in a big Rubbermaid box that I can barely lift.  I also have been gathering stuff for Boy for almost 7 years and it too is sitting the the Rubbermaid box awaiting a book to go into.  Because I don't have a space where I can leave everything out and just putter away at when I have a few minutes to spare, I have to use the dining room table.  If I were to leave things lying out, the stickers would turn up on a school binder and the expensive paper would be used for colouring on. 

So my plan was to work on my scrapbooking every Friday when I could spend a solid 5 or 6 hours on it, leave it out for the day, but that didn't happen.

2.  Go to the LDS library.

I have sort of started doing my family history.  I've collected the documents that are in my parents' possession but now I'm at the point where I need to go further back and all those documents are in Great Britain.  I know you can do all this searching on-line now but I want to start off old-school and maybe get a bit of guidance from the librarians. 

I was planning to go there once a month but that didn't happen.

3.  Do some serious knitting.

I have a few half started projects on the go.  A couple of pairs of socks, one of which is a pair of thrummed socks for Himself for Christmas, an Aran cardigan or pullover for Boy (I've only cast on the back stitches so I don't have to decide yet which way it's going to go), a hat that was supposed to be for somebody's Christmas.  These were all going to be completed in the wnter.   There were other things I was going to start and finish during the winter - a lightweight cardi for myself, more socks. 

On the afternoons I was home, I was just going to sit and knit but that didn't happen.

4. Sort out the Trouts bedrooms.

They both have so much crap in their rooms that they don't use or need anymore:  books too young, clothes too small,  toys too babyish.  Boy's room desperately needs painting - he still has the Classic Pooh border we put up when Girl was born.  He needs a new bed, new curtains.  Girl need a new dresser.  Both their carpets need cleaned.

But that didn't happen.

5. Go skating 3 times a week.

One of the local arenas has a lunchtime public skate that only costs $1.  I figured it wouldn't be too busy - I'm not that confident on skates so when if I ended up cleaning the ice with my bum, there wouldn't be too many people pointing and laughing. 

But, all together now, that didn't happen.

I don't know exactly what did happen here during the winter.  It's not like I did loads of other stuff.  I think I just read.  I'm not even sure anymore. 

I don't think I'm even going to bother making a list of things to do in the spring because why?  IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment