About 10 minutes into Boy's swimming lesson, there was a "pool fouling". A little baby in the mums and tots class barfed into the water and they had to shut the pool down. No more lessons for the evening. As we were leaving the building, I glanced into the pool area. There's buddy on the deck in his friggin' haz. mat. suit! He had rubber gloves up to his elbows, a full-length rubber apron and a mask that would keep him safe if he was handling the ebola virus. Good gracious, all that fuss over a little bit of baby vomit. It was probably only all the water the kid had swallowed during her lesson.
Before the "pool fouling", Girl had changed into her suit to wait for her lesson to start. As we were standing there watching Boy trying not to drown, I noticed a man in the bleachers CHECKING OUT MY DAUGHTER!!! I felt like shouting, " Fuck off, ya perv. She's 13 years old, for Christ's sake."
Girl is totally oblivious to the attention she is attracting. She'd be totally mortified to realize some old guy was looking at her. She wants to attract the attention of some pimply nerdy little boy in her class, not some pervy old dick at the pool. I fear that if she realizes she's attracting this unwanted attention, she'll become self-conscious and start feeling awkward about herself.
And that would be a shame because right now she doesn't have body image issues. And I'd like to keep it that way for awhile yet.
8 hours ago
Ah yes, I remember the delights of swimming lessons. I believe I put it on my room 101 list way back in the first week of blogging :)
ReplyDeleteHorrible when people perv your girls isn't it? it makes my son so protective of his sisters
Thanks for stopping by, auntiegwen. It's nice to have you over.
ReplyDelete