Monday, May 31, 2021

Stay at Home Chapter 3 Day 42 + 11

 Monday May 31

A bit of a busy day today.  Well, as busy as it gets these days.  

I got my groceries done in record time this morning.  I noticed that they had taken the plastic away that had been wrapped around the clothes and the housewares at the Zehrs.  I also noticed that people were buying stuff like blankets and cushions for your patio chairs from that section so I'm not sure what is going on there.

I had to take HistoryBoy for his vaccine late in the morning.  It was in the same place as LudditeGranny got hers, an old Rona, and it was much quicker than hers.  I guess they've had a couple of months to figure it out. He was very nervous that it would hurt.  I pinched him in the upper arm and told him that's how much it would hurt.  He got an appointment for his second dose in September.  That surprised me a bit - I thought with all the vaccines in the country they were reducing the time between each shot down to 8 or 10 weeks. Right now, it's a bit of a problem since he'll be 3 hours away at university on the date.  I'm sure, if the past is anything to go by, things will change again before September.

This beauty showed her lovely self today.


I'm not sure if it's one of my reblooming irises.  How can you tell?  Anyway, I'll enjoy her while she lasts.  The rest of them should bloom in the next couple of days.

While HB was getting murdered  his jab, I had time to run to the Canadian Tire centre just to see what was there and if anything was on sale yet.  I picked up a couple of hostas but they didn't have much of a selection of perennials.  I nipped across the road to the Lowes to see what they had but I ran into my hairdresser so my shopping time was lost to catching up with her.  She's having a really hard time with this current lock-down, to the point where she might not be able to afford to rent the chair in the shop where she was working.  She'll be setting up shop in her house.  The lady she rents the chair from is willing to forgo the rent until they can open up but if things go to plan, that's only a month away. It's too little too late.  But we'll see.

Until tomorrow.  Stay sane.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you might possibly be in for a more or less normal summer. Hope you can stay sane till then

    ReplyDelete