Friday, February 2, 2018

Happy Half-Way Through Winter Day

February 2nd marks the half -way point of Winter.  It doesn't matter what the various rodents have to say; Spring is 6 weeks away.

The Winter so far has been a bit...variable.  From -40 wind chills in December to +11 for a few days mid-January.  Snow, rain, fog.

But it's not dark anymore at 7:30 when I sit down for breakfast and it's still light at about 5:30 when we sit down for supper.  When I'm out for a walk I can feel some heat in the sun.  

So, my friends, it will only get lighter and warmer.  Well maybe not warmer just yet - it still is only February after all and apparently a polar vortex is on 
its way.  But certainly lighter.

And knowing we're half-way through the season I find hard to cope with is very heartening indeed.  

1 comment: