Years ago, around this time of year, Science Girl came home from her Girl Guide meeting to tell me they had made thank you cards for the vets that night.
"Oh, that's nice," I said, but sensing there was more to the story, tried to pull at it a bit. "What did you say on yours?"
"Well," she replied, "Guider Nora told us stuff, how the vets served our country, making sacrifices for us and all the stuff they do still."
"Right but what did you say on yours," I asked again.
"Thank you vets for looking after our pets."
Once I could stop my laughing for a minute, I said,
"Not veterinarians, you goof, veterans, you know like soldiers, getting killed and shot at."
"Yes, thank you. I know that now. Why couldn't she say the word veterans?"
Much more laughter ensued.
7 hours ago
LOL... Such a cute story!
ReplyDelete