Wednesday, August 3, 2016

How Did You Even Do That?

"How did you even do that?" asked the 15 year old Mobile Phone Master at the Mobile Phone Store when I showed him this:
 

To make a long and stupid story short, I slammed it in the van trunk lid.  Not once but twice.

I  carry my water bottle, car keys, granola bars to stave off hunger, a garden kneely thing  because sometimes it can be mucky and my phone to check the time in this 8 qt. flat box.  Since my you-pick farm charges by weight, I had to take all this crap out of the box and set it aside.  I shut the van trunk lid but didn't give it enough oomph so I had to really slam it a second time.

I drove up from the field to the little hut to pay and  was puzzled when a little picture of the van with its back end open showed up on the dashboard. 

I opened the trunk to retrieve my strawberries and there, sitting in the space where the closey latchy thing is, was my phone.  So that's why the trunk wasn't closed, I thought.  Well, it's in a case so it should be all okay, right.  No, totally smashed and not turning on.  As I ran my finger across the screen, little slivers of glass came off the phone.  I was pretty sure it could not be fixed.

We went to the Phone Store that evening to replace the phone.  Himself came with me because I don't speak geek all that well.   The replacement phone wasn't the newest model but better than the broken one with processing blah, blah and a better camera blah, blah and was cheap.  Not really but cheaper than a top of the line one.

So with the price of a phone and the actual berries, my jam cost me $290.00

I won't make that mistake again. 




 






7 comments:

  1. Oh my, that was a truly broken phone! Yup, those are some expensive berries. I hope they taste amazing! I am a source of amusement to my 20 yr. old and 16 yr. old when I ask them questions about how to do things on my phone. My response is always, "I wasn't born knowing how to do these things." -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were good and the jam's not bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear!!! Well at least you didn't drop it down the loo - that's happened to at least 2 of my friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least if I did drop it down the loo I could dry it out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm paranoid about keeping my phone safe. I've just bought mine armour. The family teases me but I hope it's effective. That jam better taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your phone... Your strawberries look so good ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember the day when we wore watches? I was thinking this the other day. A watch is much more convenient then caring a phone.I don'the think any of the new phones or plans are a deal. My phone is 6 years old...a small Samsung. All the new ones are bigger, better pictures blah blah and $$$ more. The basic packages are expensive.

    ReplyDelete