Friday, February 6, 2015

A Very Random 5 on 6

1.  Lord Grantham is getting on my nerves the season.  He hasn't always been this pompous, has he?

2. Hay Day is highly addictive.

3.Sports Illustrated has put a plus-sized woman in their swimsuit edition for the first time.  Before you think this is all very well and good and it's about bloody time, you should know that to them plus-sized equals size 12.  Size 12! That's ridiculous when most North American women are size 14 or more.  No wonder so many of us think we're overweight.

4.  Winter is stupid.  I'm pretty much done with it.  Luckily, we're half way through.

5.  My university student daughter will have a dishwasher in her kitchen when she moves into her new apartment in September.  I have lived in this house for 23 years, raised 2 kids here, hosted numerous birthday parties and Christmas dinners with no dishwasher.  Something is not right with that.


Hope you all have a good week-end.


9 comments:

  1. It's all creature comforts for uni students these days eh? No second hand, be frugal, make do and mend mentality for them :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll probably turn up her nose at the offer of free furniture from her granny.

      Delete
  2. You said 'winter'...tut tut for using a bad word.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE a woman after my own heart, LOL!
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids have way better lives than me, and I am usually funding their way better lives. I am also hideously behind in DA, just finishes series 2, I am a VERY late adapter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got one at the age of 42 and it was life-changing.

    I heard that thing about 12 being a plus size last week - unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There Little Red Hen. Thank you for visiting my Blog this morning. I came in to visit you and like what I see, so have joined your band wagon. I do hope you will come back and visit me. Take care. SaucyKod

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the plus sized thing totally stupid!!!

    Gill in Canada, your newest follower.......

    ReplyDelete