Tuesday, September 30, 2014

End of September Garden

Not much going on in the garden.  

I'm waiting  impatiently for a bunch of stuff I had ordered from Vesey's.  After last week's blast of summer, I had renewed enthusiasm for gardening and I phone them twice wondering where my plants were. The tulips I ordered I'm not concerned about - I planted bulbs on Christmas Eve so I know I've got lots of time to get them in the ground.  But I've ordered a fair number of perennials and I'd like to give them a fair chance of settling in before the frost comes.  Yesterday's lady told me they're still waiting for stock to arrive from wherever and I should get my order mid-October.  I'll have gone off the notion by then.  And it will be cold and rainy.

Anyway, what's blooming now?

I have absolutely no idea what this is. I don't even recall planting it.  It blooms just as the Pushy-Susans are fading.

This is some kind of sedum.  I should get more of this; it's easy peasy and when it turns brown, I stick it in my Christmas pots. 
 
So pretty dull in the September garden.  I did have some white Asters but cut them back before I took a picture.  They didn't seem to last all that long this year. 
 
So I guess that's the end of the garden pictures until Spring.  
 
 
 

 


2 comments:

  1. That first one looks like some sort of dahlia but what do I know....I can't grow them so I'm clueless. Still lots of foliage here and hardy geraniums but there's a whiff of autumn/fall in the air.

    Do you think Tracy is going to be arrested for Tina's murder at her wedding by the way? I have a feeling......

    ReplyDelete