We had to take a run up to see Drunken Oma on Saturday. She has stopped driving long distances (she's 2 hours away) which, on the surface is a good thing, because that means she won't come to visit us (yes, I am that bitchy) but it also means that we'll have to drag our arses up there all the time. Meh.
The Trouts were pleased to be given a day off church on Sunday. Both of them hate going so I was the Best Mummy Ever for not making them go. I did some gardening in the morning before the humidex got too high. Lego Boy and Himself went off to the movie on Sunday night and had a much-needed boys night out. Pig-headed Girl and I watched the finale of Dr. Who and had our minds f*cked*.
Monday I did sweet f*ck all. I sat outside, read a bit, watched the goldfinches flit around their new feeder, had a nap.
Monday evening was The Great Ice Cream Search. I had been talking up a trip to a nice little ice cream stand down by the river for a couple of weeks. It would be the first proper ice cream of the summer (Dairy Queen doesn't count) at a pleasant setting in pleasant weather. A nice capping off of the first long week-end of the summer (Not officially but we all know it is). We all, except PhG because she was being a shite, piled in the car and drove off for ice cream.
As we turned the corner, we knew we were in trouble; not a car in sight. Shit. The bloody thing hadn't been open all week-end! Never mind, we'd go for DQ. It was't the same but it would do. The first shop was lined up outside the door, the second shop was lined up even further outside the door. Bugger. By now, we were thoroughly fed up and had gone off the idea of ice cream all together. But I had planned for ice cream and I was going to have f*cking ice cream, damn it! We settled for a popsicle out of the freezer at the corner store. Not the same at all.
But now I've got an excuse to
*I wouldn't normally censor myself but I don't want the porn bots wandering through.
Sounds like your weather is a lot better than ours! It's been a really lousy Spring in the UK, the coldest since 1979 apparently. Definitely not ice cream weather. If it goes on like this I'll be emigrating..
ReplyDelete