Friday, March 30, 2012

Things that Get on My Nerves - vol. V

It's a little ranty.

1) That two cheek air kiss thing - I just don't get it. And where did it come from? It seems very European to me which is fine if you live in Europe but I don't.  I'm not that sophisticated to pull it off.  I always lean in on the wrong side and end up kissing the person on the lips. Which can be a bit awkward.  What's wrong with a nice firm handshake?

2) Pyjamas as Clothes - If you wear the same thing out of the houses that you slept ining, you are wearing pyjamas as clothing.  And, if at the end of the day, you crawl back into your bed in those same pants, then you are sleeping in your clothes.  Don't try to bullshit me by calling them "loungewear".   And who sleeps in their clothes? Homeless people. Clothes or pjs: make up your mind. 

3) People walking too close behind me: If I am walking too slowly for you, go around me.  Don't walk up my heels or breath down my neck to make me go faster.  You know what that does?  It pisses me off and makes me go slower.

4) People walking in late to a performance: The start time of the show is clearly stated on the ticket.  It's not a secret or a surprise or a just a suggestion. Why do people show up late?  If you think traffic will be bad, leave early.  If you're not quite sure where you're going, leave early.  If you have feel the need to get a drink to enjoy the show (and when did theatres start letting you bring beverages into the hall), get there early in case there's a lineup.  We went to see a comedian a while ago and I could not believe how many people walked in after  the man had started. It's not like a musical presentation where you don't really miss anything if someone walks in front of you.  One couple came into our row and naturally, their seats were in the middle and they had to climb over about 20 people to get to their seats.  I felt like tripping them as they shuffled past but thought twice about that because I would have missed more of the show.  One couple showed up 1/2 hour late and were sitting in the front row.  Needless to say, the comedian did not let them get away with it. I have paid good money to see this guy and these dinks are ruining my enjoyment of the show.  Rude bastards.

5) Those stupid bugs that hover in a cloud right at face height smack-dab in the middle of the sidewalk as you're trying to enjoy your morning walk.

6) Himself: Now, how much he gets on my nerves could fill 1000 blog posts but this particular morning was particularly annoying.  He had to be at work extra early today so was prowling around the house at stupid o'clock.  Normally, I am barely cognizant of him going about his ablutions but today he managed to wake the whole fucking house up.  For some crazy reason known only to himself, he had to locate to dog before he left.  I don't know where he thought the dog would have escaped to.  It's not like she would have left during the night. He comes into our room, snaps the light back on, "Where's Dog?" he says.  Like I give a shit at that time of the day.  I grunted and rolled over. Turns out she was sound asleep in Boy's room.  "Oh, there you are Dog. What are you doing in here?"  he shouted into the bedroom.  So, the dog jumps up in that stunned way dogs do when they've been awakened from a sound sleep,  the Boy wakes up and then has to go pee and I curse him.  Rude bastard.

1 comment:

  1. Stupid-o'clock - haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Stealing that one.

    ReplyDelete