Thursday, September 1, 2011

In Which I am Told Off by My 8 Year Old

We went out last night to do some back to school shopping for Girl.  Not clothes shopping because I'm done with that, but school supplies.  We went to the store that's supposed to be easy but it wasn't easy;  too many people, too much stuff to choose from and not the cheapest either and Boy whining that he needed something too.

In the same plaza, actually those big box centres that I hate, was a dollar store.  I needed some cheap spoons for Boy to take for his lunch because he had lost the last 50 dozen I had bought last year.  So off we all trundle into the dollar store. 

We wandered around that frigging store looking for the spoons, up and down aisles with all sorts of marvelous things that Boy had to touch and I had to tell him off for.  We finally get to the check-out with the spoons and a pirate set that had magically jumped into our basket.  And still I'm telling him off for touching the lighters and the scanner and the key chains and whatever else there was he could get his hands on. 

After the fifth time I scolded him, in a loud voice he says, "There's no need to get your knickers in a knot."  The 100 several other people at the check-out laughed uproariously as I gathered up my spoons and beat a hasty retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment