Monday, November 8, 2010

This Week is Going to Blow

Himself has buggered off to Las Vegas for the week for some "work" convention and I get to do my impersonation of a single mum, which I suck at.  I know I'm whining; loads of women manage just fine with their partners working away from home for longer periods than 6 days and loads of women manage just fine with no partners at all.  But I'm not one of them.  It's all what you get used to.

This is how my week shapes up:

Monday - supper at 5
           - karate for Boy from 6 to 7
           - do supper dishes
           - make Boy's lunch

Tuesday - supper at 5
            - swimming for Boy from 6:30 - 7           
            - do dishes
            - make lunch

Wednesday - supper at 5
                 - Beavers for Boy from 6:15-7:15
                 - do dishes
                 - make lunch

Usually, Himself and I divide up this extra-curricular activity so it's pretty evenly split between taking Boy to his stuff or staying home to do the dishes and make the lunches.  It sucks doing all of it on my own.

The Trouts are at each other's throats, more so than usual.  Girl has been decidedly unco-operative and extra self-centred. Boy is seriously missing his daddy and makes a point of gurning about it  telling me 27 times a day. 

Because of the 3 hour time difference, there are limited windows of opportunity for a phone call when we're here and Himself has the time to call.  Tonight, that tool had the nerve to call me from the bar, which I could hear very clearly in the background.  He won't do that again.

And, to add insult to injury, I can't open the wine until Thursday night because I have to chauffeur Boy to all his activities.

Yes, it's seriously going to blow.



  

2 comments:

  1. I remember my husband called us from a work-thing - he was on a patio in downtown Disney in March. The girls cried and cried because they wanted to be at Disney, they missed Daddy, I'm mean, they hate winter, blah d blah blah. I was less than gracious with him on the phone. I mean, as if, who does that?

    ReplyDelete