Boy brought home some completed work from school this afternoon and one of papers was about Rainbow Fish. Now if I remember correctly, Rainbow Fish is the story about this jerk of a fish who is taught how to be a nice fish by the all the other fish through different problem-solving techniques (this is grade 1).
The assignment was to imagine oneself as one of the other fish and tell something nice about Rainbow Fish and a provide a suggestion to RF on how to be a nicer, kinder fish. The teacher started the sentence...
If I were one of the other fish, I would:
Boy wrote: challenge Rainbow Fish to a battle. You have fancy weapons and a crown. (This, of course, was all phonetically spelled out and had to be translated)
The teacher added a hand-written comment: I don't think battling with weapons is a good way to solve problems.
No, I don't suppose it is but he did compliment Rainbow Fish on his fancy weapons.
Perhaps she could take this insight to UN and sort them all out.
15 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment