1) Squirrels. Those beady-eyed, rats-with-tails are seriously pissing me off. They have dug through my planters looking for nuts that weren't even there. Stupid things. They have decided that the 50 tulip bulbs I planted are actually a smorgasbord. And somehow, and I haven't figured it out yet, they have managed to get atop the bird feeder and open it and eat the stuff inside. The feeder is bolted to the top of a metal pole well away from any trees or the house as suggested in things I've read about how to confound the squirrels. Attached to the pole is one of those things that looks like an open-ended tin can that they're not supposed to be able to get around. It worked for a few years but now those thieving bastards have figured it out.
2) Arrogant Drivers. Some tool pulled left out of a driveway onto a busy road at rush hour and managed to block the lane of on-coming traffic. The cars in the lane he was trying to get into couldn't make room for him because we were stopped at a light. Why do some people think they have the right to go where they want to go when they want to go without considering how their actions will affect others?
3) Christmas at the Mall. I had to go to the mall today to return some ill-fitting crap to Sears. After about 10 minutes, it took me every ounce of self-controlnot to stab someone with the sparkly, shiny decorations hanging from the ceiling, not to run screaming from the store like a woman possessed to carry on shopping as normal. The decorations, the fully lit Christmas trees I can usually blot out of my line of vision but the fooking muzak was making my ears bleed. "Frosty the Snowman", "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire", "O Little Town of Bethlehem"! Give me strength. I won't be back in the shops until December.
3) Christmas at the Mall. I had to go to the mall today to return some ill-fitting crap to Sears. After about 10 minutes, it took me every ounce of self-control
No comments:
Post a Comment