Thursday, September 10, 2009

Things That Get on my Nerves - vol. II

1. Old people who shouldn't be driving who continue to drive. Their reflexes are too slow. I know people who can't walk without the assistance of a cane and they shuffle about who still insist on driving. If you can't lift your feet to put one foot in front of the other, you can't lift your foot from gas to brake fast enough.

2. Finding a stack of dirty dishes on the counter as I make my way to bed of an evening. Girl and Himself will snack before they go to bed and will leave the dirty dishes. I don't have a dishwasher so I can't even hide them. There they are looking at me in the morning when I get up.

3. I don't have a dishwasher. I have managed to get through 19 years of marriage, 13 years of child-raising without one and it hasn't really bothered me. Even with big dinners like Christmas and birthdays when I've got 12 or 15 people here, even with years of baby bottles, it worked out okay. But now it's getting on my nerves. The problem, or so Himself tells me, is that the space beside the sink is too narrow and they don't make machines to fit the space. Also, there isn't enough floorspace to accomodate a portable. Until we redo the kitchen and shit gets ripped out and plumbing moved, there I will stand up to my elbows in dishwater wasting my time washing bloody dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment